Sunday, April 19, 2009

Alliyah's reflections



Today we went on the great wall, and it was slightly rain which always happens the day that pathways usually goes. When got to the great wall it was huge I didn’t realize how big it was until I was actually there, but before we got up there everyone had to make a decisions to go on the easy or hard course, and everyone chose the hard course. As I was walking up the great wall my quads were killing me because it was so steep and each stair was a different length. But it was all worth it because now I can actually say that I walked up the great wall, and I can get a massage tomorrow for 60 yuan Xian.

2 comments:

  1. You've been waiting for this massage since before you left, only difference is now you've earned it!! We all miss you terribly!! Nanny, Uncle Lar, Auntie Kym...everyone says "Hello". Looks like you're having a blast. It would be nice to actually HEAR from you. Love: Mom, Dad, & Elise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so nice to read your blog. Good thing you are in good shape climbing those stairs. Was it like the ski slop your dad had us climb and I almost passed out? so glad your having a good time, my prayers are with you and your group. Hope you write about shopping and bartering. Buy any silk or gems(smile) Love you.

    ReplyDelete