Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Aquene's Post

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Today is our 6th day in China and we are just beginning the day. This morning I walked with a group to the park and saw people exercising, it was like a fitness club but without electricity and the large membership charge. There were some older people dancing to modern music and we joined in, well I didn’t but it was funny to watch everyone. We are now on the bus going to see the Terracotta Warriors which I am very excited about. Having learned about the Terracotta Warriors I have to see all this intricate detail, thousands and thousands of individual, unique soldiers. I cannot fathom what that can be like so I have to see it. Tonight is the dumpling dinner, I’m really excited about that as well I love dumplings and I cannot wait to try all of the different types tonight. Well we’ll see how this day goes bye



2 comments:

  1. mmmmm! I can taste those dumplings right now!
    How many did you eat?

    Hey, I didn't know the Terra Cotta Warriors were all uniquely different! Wow!

    Thanks for blogging - Keep it coming - I love hearing about your experience!

    We love you and miss you but we are very grateful you are having this experience!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Honey,

    Enjoying the photos and blogs.

    How were the dumplings? Did the Terracotta Warriors have any coloring to them? I couldn't tell from the online photos. I hear that the warriors attack outsiders at midnight, is that true?

    How is Shanghai?

    Has this been the coolest experience ever!!!

    Love, Blessing and Traveling Mercies
    Dad and Gwen

    ReplyDelete